Training Courses by Schools for Schools
Planning for recovery and what the Pandemic is forcing us to think about in Education with Dan Nicholls
Online training event
RECORDED SESSIONS - Please book as usual to access the recordings and presentations. The time and date reflect how long the recording will be at least available UNTIL. Dr Dan Nicholls (Director of Education, Cabot Learning Federation) [Session 1] Leadership required to address the disadvantaged gap; seeking equity What leadership is required to tackle the widening gap? The pandemic has exposed the inequity that exists in our society. For too long we have not been successful in closing that gap and supporting attainment mobility for our disadvantaged children. How do we act now to restrict the rate of widening in the pandemic? How do we transition into a post-pandemic world and secure approaches that improve outcomes and experiences of disadvantaged children? [Session 2] Leading and teaching to support all children, particularly disadvantaged, to be successful in the mid and late 21st Century. What is the pandemic forcing us to think about within Education? These are unusual times. It is a good point to reflect on the purpose and direction of education in a post-pandemic world. The pandemic has exposed the inequity in society and brought forward a future that is likely to be dominated by significant change. What does this mean for curriculum, assessment and teaching? How do we support children to thrive and be successful in their future?
Dan Nicholls (Director of Education, Cabot Learning Federation)
- To understand the widening disadvantage gap
- To identify what leaders and teachers can do now to restrict the widening gap
- To understand the needs of disadvantaged children on re-joining education and how this plays out in a post-pandemic world
- To discuss the quality of leadership and teaching that disadvantaged children require
- To explore what we are learning from the pandemic
- To understand the opportunities available to leaders and teachers in the future to enhance education
- Exploring what is the role of schools and Trusts in their communities in a post-pandemic world
Dan Nicholls (Director of Education, Cabot Learning Federation) – firstname.lastname@example.org – tel: 07765222549
Ready to book?
Already signed up? Log in to edit your course alert preferences.