Portable Appliance Testing training
King Alfred's A Specialist Sports CollegeDate:Friday 22 June 2012 Time:9am-4pm
This course is aimed at Heads of science, art and design & technology departments, site managers and employees who will undertake electrical testing of portable appliances as part of their duties. This training is also suitable for employees who require updated refresher training (this is necessary every 5 years).
The course will cover the following areas:
• Current legislation & safety issues
• Basic rules and good practice
• Systems, safe working procedures and record keeping
• Practical testing of appliances
This training course provides certification of competence in PAT testing, this ensures compliance with the requirements of the HSE, and with the IEE code of practice and is CITB approved.
The cost of the course is £150 per person (this includes a certificate which lasts for 5 years). Refreshments are also included but no lunch. To book a place, contact the Training School office on 01235 225774 or complete the attached booking form.
The cost of the course is £150 per person (this includes a certificate which lasts for 5 years).
Total number of places
- To understand how to test electrical products in compliance with the requirements of the HSE and with the IEE code of practice.
Search for courses
- 14-19 education
- Assessment for Learning
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Communication Language and Literacy
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Early Years
- Emotional Intelligence
- Gifted and Talented
- Leadership and Management
- Learning and Teaching